LifeSwap (the “Contest”)
1. SPONSOR. The sponsor of this Contest is THE FESTIVALISTS.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will commence on November 25, 2015 at 12:00:00 a.m. AETC and will run until January 24, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. AETC (the “Contest Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all citizens of Canada and Australia, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, except employees, representatives and agents of THE FESTIVALISTS, or their respective affiliates and, if applicable, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, contest judges, contest prize suppliers, and any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest, and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above.
By uploading your Submission you have consented to the posting of your Submission and the use of your name, likeness and image for promotional purposes by THE FESTIVALISTS, and its promotion partner International Experience Canada (IEC), in connection with this Contest. THE FESTIVALISTS or IEC, may also use your Submission, name, likeness and image, in its sole discretion, for promoting Canadian/Australian Working Holiday or the IEC initiative in all media throughout the world. You are also representing that everyone who appears in your Submission has similarly consented to appear in your Submission by completing a Name and Likeness Release for each Submission they appear in, and understands that your Submission may, at the sole discretion of the THE FESTIVALISTS, also be used to promote Canadian/Australian Working Holiday or the IEC initiative in all media throughout the world.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Submission will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address at the time of entry, associated with uploading the Submission. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address to which the email invitation was sent.
5. NUMBER OF ENTRIES. You may upload as many Submissions as you wish during the Contest Period, however, the same photograph or video content cannot be uploaded more than once. Each Submission must be wholly original. If duplicate Submissions are entered then only the first duplicate Submission will be accepted.
6. PRIZES. There are up to a maximum of twenty-eight (28) prizes to be won having an approximate total retail value of one thousand one hundred and thirty dollars ($1,130). The prizes consist of:
- Grand Prize: Maximum of Two (2) YHA ten night accommodation ePacks* and a one-year YHA membership. With an approximate retail value of A$610. Ten night accommodation ePacks can be used at any YHA around Australia for a dorm bed (valid for three months).
- Maximum of Twenty-six (26) double movie tickets (for winner and their guest) to a Canadian Film Festival screening (in Australia in 2016). With an approximate retail value of A$520.
(individually referred to as “Prize”, collectively referred to as the “Prizes”).
Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by THE FESTIVALISTS or its appointed prizing agent. Only one (1) prize will be awarded per winning entrant regardless of the number of Submissions entrant submits. The YHA prizes are non-transferable by the winners. THE FESTIVALISTS reserves the right to substitute any Prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. All federal, provincial and local taxes or other expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Chances of winning a prize depend on number of eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period. Gift vouchers may be substituted for a Prize at the sole option of THE FESTIVALISTS.
7. WINNER SELECTION.
- Grand Prize: following the close of the Contest Period a random draw will be held by an independent contest prize fulfillment organization of all entrants who submitted eligible Submissions to select the winner of the Grand Prize. The winner will be requested to answer a skill testing question.
- Movie Ticket Prizes: All eligible submissions will be reviewed by a panel of three (3) judges made up of representatives of THE FESTIVALISTS and International Experience Canada (the “Judging Committee”). The Submissions will be judged on the basis of quality, subject matter, and style in a video format, whether the submission criteria have been met, and the best and/or most unique representations of the concept. The Judging Committee has the authority to determine the number of winners in its sole discretion, however there will be a minimum of one (1) winner.
8. HOW TO WIN AND CLAIM A PRIZE. The selected entrant will be notified by phone or email and instructed on how to claim his/her prize. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must sign a form of Declaration of Compliance and Release (see Rule No. 9), and otherwise comply with these official contest rules. The winner will also be asked to provide contact information for each individual appearing in his/her Submission and proof of their consent to appear in your Submission. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification and compliance with these official contest rules and delivery of the Declaration of Compliance and Release. Entrants who have not complied with these official contest rules and cannot deliver these materials will be disqualified. If the selected entrant cannot be located or does not respond or comply with all of these official contest rules within fourteen (14) days of notification, the entrant will be disqualified and forfeits the prize and the Judging Committee or its representatives may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible entrant whom THE FESTIVALISTS or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The winner will be contacted following verification with details on how to redeem the Prize. THE FESTIVALISTS will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify selected entrants. All winners will be selected by March 17, 2016.
9. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these official contest rules and all decisions of the contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of THE FESTIVALISTS), which shall be final and legally binding on entrants in all matters relating to this Contest. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive a prize, the selected entrant will be required to sign THE FESTIVALISTS’s and IEC’s form of Declaration of Compliance and Release which confirms compliance with these official contest rules and releases the THE FESTIVALISTS, IEC, its promotion partners, advertising agency and their respective affiliated companies, agencies, contest prize suppliers, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Contest Group”) from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding and use of the prize. The winner(s) agree that they will not be receiving any royalties, license fees, or other similar payments should the Contest Group choose to use their Submission. The winner(s) agrees to the use of his/her name, comments, hometown information, photograph, and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to THE FESTIVALISTS and IEC any and all rights to said use without further compensation. THE FESTIVALISTS, IEC and its respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, distribution, or production errors. The Contest Group may, at their sole discretion and without liability, rescind or amend this Contest at any time. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Group: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of the prize, (ii) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the prize, (iii) disclaims any implied warranty, and (iv) is not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest. The Contest Group is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official contest rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the prizes. The Contest Group is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer resulting from participating in the Contest.
12. PERSONAL INFORMATION. The personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Contest will be used by THE FESTIVALISTS and IEC for the administration of the Contest and in connection with publicity relating to the Contest. Entrants may also be contacted by THE FESTIVALISTS and IEC regarding future usage of Submissions.
13. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia. All dollar values quoted are in Australian dollars.
14. LANGUAGE. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language version and the French language version for this Contest, the English version shall prevail.